Poem : Farewell to Our Librarian
FAREWELL TO OUR LIBRARIAN
(I wrote this verse in 2013 to celebrate the retirement of
our librarian at GSI, NR, Lucknow. Since joining the department in 1987, I was
a frequent visitor to the GSI library, where she guided me through endless volumes
of books on Earth Science with tireless dedication. Slowly I spent some time with her
and we became good friends. I watched her face the challenges of acute
osteoporosis with unimaginable grit; despite her visible physical pain, her
spirit remained unbroken. Even in the final year of her career, she exemplified
lifelong learning by completing her Master’s in Library Science from IGNOU.)
Whatever she sought she found the way
Something kept her happy each day
Maybe the recognition and respect
She gave to person in each aspect
It is always in work she's engaged
And every second of time she utilized
Always in spirits so high
She keeps her cool when others cry
As goes the old saying
you are alone if crying
I met her in Kolkata office premises
She walked slowly with her bent knees
Her pain kept off her face
Smiling profusely as she does always
I’ll miss her in the library, her favourite place,
Amidst heaps of books and a quiet space.
Unbothered by others who might take a peep,
With a dedication that is steady and deep.
With warmth and determination as her guide.
No matter the struggle, she’ll always shine ,
For she is a fighter woman with a spirit divine.
-Pankaj Mala Bhattacharya


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home