Thursday, April 16, 2026

Twin poems : A child's Dream and My Birthday

 Twin Poems 

 ( These little poems capture : the innocence of a child’s imagination while weaving in the darker undertones of fear and the quiet wonder of waking up to a new day, only to discover that it holds a deeper meaning ,your birthday. The rhythm is simple and conversational, almost like a nursery rhyme )

A Child’s Dream

Why this sudden fright,

arn’t you feeling all right?

just now you got off the bed,

child what makes you look so red?

Mother, I saw a dream

I was rolling down the stream

Beneath the groaning water

there was no sound or chatter

suddenly I felt  my arm was seized

Every drop of blood I had was squeezed

There was a noise o hark!

and then appeared jaws of a shark

I shouted, oh! mother save me

and that’s when you woke me.


My Birthday 

Today I was up early,

and as I peeped out

through the window

I saw that the day had dawned

The sun spread its mighty wings

and golden fingers in the sky

The soft dew drops touched the ground

It was a pleasant sensation all around

The flowers were in full bloom

The fragrance of lilies filled my room

Why what was so special about today

Little did I know that it was 

my birthday

   - Pankaj Mala Bhattacharya



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home